I think after long 1 month i made a video in you tube . I know its Xmas special and everybody is making Plum cakes, i thought i make something different and a very spicy recipe as i had recommendations from my husbands friends .
For all the spice lovers this recipe is for you guys .This is very easy and a must try.
don’t forget to send me a picture if you are trying this recipe lets get started
Check out my video in youtube
- Kashmiri chili powder- 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera -1/4tsp
- Methi seeds/uluva/fenugreek seeds-1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds/Kaduku-1/4 tsp
- Pepper corns- 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-small piece
- Garlic-4 pods (Big)
- Small Onions -6
- Vinegar- 3 tbsp
- Water for making paste
- Sardines/Mathi -cleaned and lined 10
- Onions- chopped 2 big
- Tomato- chopped 2 big
- Curry leaves- if required
- Salt- as required
- Oil – as required
- First make a paste with chili powder, turmeric, ginger garlic, small onions, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, pepper corns, methi seeds , vinegar .
- Add enough water to make a smooth paste .
- In a heavy bottom pan add oil once hot add onions chopped and saute until brown .
- once brown add in the paste and saute until raw smell is gone.
- Add salt and water .then add in tomatoes and let it boil .
- once boiled add in fish one by one .
- check for salt .
- If required you may add in curry leaves mix well .
- immerse the fish into the gravy and let it simmer for another 10 to 15 mins in low flame .
- Once cooked properly switch off and let it rest for sometime .
Mathi vindalo is ready.
- Raw rice- 2 cups (Soak it over night)
- Cooked rice-3/4 cup and grated fresh coconut-3/4 cup
- Sugar- 1 tbsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp(depending upon amount of batter you take )
- Divide the soaked rice into two portions .
- Grind one portion with enough water to make a smooth paste ,transfer the paste it into a bowl .
- Grind the other half with coconut and cooked rice , adding little water. make a smooth paste. transfer to rest of the batter.
- Mix well add little water , if its too thick .
- Now add Sugar and let it rest to ferment .
- Once fermented properly take batter add salt and Baking Soda
- Mix well.
- Heat appam Kadai , Pour a spoon full of batter and swirl the batter,
- Close with lid .
- Bubbles will appear and sides will become golden.
- Using a spatula remove appam from kadai .
Serve appam with Mathi Vindaloo
Try it you will love it ❤