Birthdays are always special & cakes play a very important during birthdays .I believe how ever old you become to blow the candle and cut the cake on your birthday is always a very special moment 🙂
I made a very simple birthday for my Cousins Birthday , it was a simple vanilla cake with Whipped cream frosting . Whipped cream was colored as per my daughters request pink and blue shade was mixed ,to gives purplish shade… using gel colors
Topped with Silvered beads and Some white chocolate sprinkles:) ….
Baking is always fun and remember three things while Baking
- Ingredients in room temperature
- No over mixing
A Simple Birthday Cake
Ingredients For Cake
- All purpose Flour -1 1/2 cups
- Baking Powder- 1 3/4 tsp
- White sugar- 1 cup
- Butter-1/2 cup
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Milk- 1/2 cup
Ingredients for Decorating
- Whipped cream- 2 cups
- Pink and blue gel food coloring
- White chocolate sprinkles- few
- White edible pearl/silver beads -few
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a cake pan
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
- Decorating- Let the cake cool down completely divide into half if required
- Take 1 cup of whipped cream , use this to sandwich the cakes together
- Cover the top and Sides the cake properly
- Refrigerate if needed
- Add color to the other half of whipped cream .
- Transfer To a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe small star flowers on top of the cake
- Decorate with Edible beads and sides with Chocolate sprinkles
Serve , this will be easiest Birthday cake ever … enjoy
Try it you will love it<3