I know i haven’t blogged for the past 2 weeks…Sorry for that …. 😦
Dedicating this recipe to all my Lovely Members and friends.
This is my umma’s prawn recipe which is easy , tasty and……… no words.
My all time favorite ,Lets move on with the recipe….
- Prawns – 500 gms/ 1/2 kg
- Small onions-3 crushed
- Ginger – small piece crushed
- Garlic – 2 cloves crushed
- Chili powder- 2 tbsp( increase or decrease the amount)
- Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 2 tbsp (More if you need really spicy)
- Crushed chili – little
- Curry leaves
- Clean the prawns well , remove head and tail ( i have removed it , its totally optional you can definitely keep the head and tail if you love it ).**Remember to remove the veins from front and back side of the prawns**.
- Now marinate the prawns with crushed shallots, ginger and garlic.
- Then add chili powder, turmeric powder, pepper, fennel powder, garam masala and salt.
- let it sit for 15 mins ( The more Time it is marinated the more tasty it is)
- I like to add little we bit of curry leaves just to get the flavor.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan add the marinated prawns in to it.
- Close it with lid.Now let it cook
- we are not adding any water , as water will be released from the prawns.
- Slowly water will release and let the prawns cook properly .
- Once cooked properly increase flame and let water dry off.
- Then add little bit oil and fry the prawns .
- Add crushed chili and pepper powder if required.
- Switch off flame and top with curry leaves.
Serve hot with rice…
This will be hit recipe for sure…..
Try it you will love it <3.