A special thanks to Shalmia Naeem , my Bhabhi for sharing this recipe with me .
This recipe is apt for Cocktail Parties or make this as a simple appetizer … The outer coating gives a crunch and inner will be soft
Let me know if you guys want me to make a video on this by commenting below
BOMBAY STYLE FRIED FISH
- Anchovy (Netholi)/ Bombay duck( lizard fish) -10 to 15
( you can also use king fish or salmon, just cut them into thin strips)
- Chili powder-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt & Pepper Powder
- Ginger garlic Paste -1 tsp
- Water for making the Masala
- Semolina / Rava/ sooji for coating
- Oil for frying
- Clean the fish well , If using king fish or thick flesh fish cut them into thin strips.
- Make a paste with Ginger Garlic paste, Chili powder, Turmeric Powder,Salt and Pepper.It should be a thick paste .
- Marinate the fish with the paste and let it it sit for 1 hr .
- After 1 hr coat the fish in Semolina/Sooji . Set them aside
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom Pan , should be in Medium Flame
- Add the coated fish into the oil and Deep fry them
- The temperature should be maintained as it can get burned very fast
- It should be golden In color
- Serve hot with Chili / Tomato sauce.
Try it you will love it ❤